Friday, November 7, 2014

Introducing:

Cooper Sena Sampaio!

A couple hours old

                                
                                                        
                                                 
     
                                                 

Meet Cooper.  Born October 6th 2014, 3:05 pm, 8 lb 11 oz, and 20 inches long.    
Here is the rundown: The pregnancy went pretty easy.  Nausea for a few months,  Extreme tiredness through out (especially with a 1.5 year old running around).  It got pretty uncomfortable for me at the end and he was moving a lot (I only mention this, because with Olivia I hardly felt her move and don't remember being so uncomfortable).  Other than that, I feel like I had it easy (as with my first).

I didn't get to the doctors until 16 weeks, but everything looked good, so that was a relief.  At the second or third appointment we set a tentative date of October 6th to be induced. (Tentative because Amilton was so sure he would be here by then, he even had me convinced).  At the 20 week appointment we found out he was a boy, no questions at all.  

The days got closer, then came, then went.  No baby still (not to mention no name yet either).  It ended up being kind of nice because we were able to plan with my mom dropping Olivia off and such, and no surprise visit at 2 in the morning.  We were on the waiting list, so that meant we had no time scheduled to go in, instead we just waited till they called us.  We got the call around 8:00 am and were told we needed to be there by 9:45.  

So we had time to get ready in no hurry, then the last part was a rush because we were running out of time.  We got to my moms with only enough time to drop off Olivia, grab breakfast, tell my Mom we would hopefully see her later (with a baby), and say goodbye.  We got to the hospital, got checked in, and got things going.  I was dilated to a 3 upon arrival.  

Not too long into things I decided to get an epidural.  Amilton just happened to be out grabbing lunch when the anesthesiologist came in, and didn't even know I had requested it.  (I kind of hinted to them to wait till he came back, but it was not worth waiting I decided.)   It went pretty easy, and Amilton got in the room just in time for me to get sick from the epidural due to dehydration.  Such a great guy the whole time, even helped the nurse clean up the mess. :)

This whole time I was not really aware of the time and it all seemed to go really quick.  It seemed like no time had passed when the pressure seemed to get unbearable and the extra medication dose was doing no good.  I called the nurse in and we were ready to have a baby.  

The doctor came after just a couple minutes thankfully, and I guess it took about 5 pushes.  It all got kind of confusing towards the end of that though and the doctor and nurses kind of stopped telling me when to push ( I guess they wanted me to keep pushing).  At the time I was not aware, but I guess the babies shoulder was stuck and his cord was around his neck, so it all makes sense now. 

No problems for the remainder of the hospital stay.  We were visited by Grandma and Grandpa West, Katie and Chizm, Emily, Nathan, Wesley and Helen, and of course- Big Sister Olivia.  Balloons, Cards and Candy were a welcomed treat.  We were able to go home around noon on  the 8th.  (Although we could have left the day before had we wanted to.) The timing worked great though and my Aund Dorene and her boys stopped by about 30 minutes after we got home (they had been down from Idaho and had just dropped my cousin Cami off at the MTC).

And let the big adjustment begin!
       
               Going Home!
     
           

 

No comments: