Friday, January 3, 2014

And We're Back!

(1/2/14)

Yes, I know and realize it has been over two years. Yes, lots has happened in that two plus years. So, as I hopefully keep up here over the next year I will try and catch everyone up on what we have been up to.

 First up, We had a baby! Yes, old news for most. But this is the main reason I decided to start this whole blogging thing up again. I have so much I want to tell everyone about Olivia, but frankly, it would be overwhelming for all to hear about the first YEAR of our babies life all at once. So, that being said, I will add a little each entry. Her Birthday is December 23rd, 2012. That whole story will be saved for another time. She has been the center of our lives since that day though.



Olivia!





Christmas Eve 2012- Leaving the hospital
 Next, We live in Salt Lake, UT. Old news for most. We have lived in 2 different apartments in Salt Lake over the last almost 2 years. I (Elizabeth)am working with RHA in their Day Program as a Supervisor. Not anything new really, considering I have been in the same field for about 5 years now. I work with mentally disabled individuals. Hard work sometimes, but fun others.

 Amilton is working for the LDS church in the custodial department. He currently works in the Triad buildings in Salt Lake. He is also working on perusing his dream of running his own business. More on that to follow...

 Getting to something many will find more interesting. Some may notice I changed the name of my blog . Anyhow, there is a reason for that. I should have done this over a year ago. I deeply regret not recording every little amazing thing Olivia does on a daily basis. Maybe things only me as her mom could appreciate (or Amilton as her dad) But it truly is mind blowing to me. Talk about miraculous. Something only god himself could make happen after only a year on earth. So with that being said, I have three of life's little gems to share from today.

 1. Being super tired after work and needing to watch Olivia still (she had just woke up from her nap when I got home, bummer) I laid on the ground as she played in her room half whining, half happy. Little finger puppets were all over the ground from earlier play as well as a learning stuffed animal dog. I was half asleep the whole time as she kept crawling over me from one side to the other and over and over again. After maybe 20 minutes she was done with that and insisted I wake up and we do something else. Much to my surprise, when I stood up the room seemed cleaner. It was then that I noticed she had a reason for crawling all over me. Olivia had collected each finger puppet and the dog, one at a time, and piled them onto her little couch she had gotten for her birthday. How cute is that? Especially when this was a first.


 2. I am not really teaching much American Sign Language, she already has a lot to learn with Amilton only speaking to her in Portuguese, and me speaking to her in English. However, I do try to use a few words in ASL such as more and no. So, I was eating my dinner and she had her bottle as we watched a TV show. She has been a picky eater lately so I have not forced our food on to her too much. I had only given her a few bites of mine up to this point. It just melted my heart when I looked up from watching the TV at one particular moment to see my little baby sign "more". Usually it is halfhearted, not convincing. But it was for real this time. And of course, she got more. It amazes me how smart Olivia shows she is when she really wants something. It is really funny how she refuses to do it at other times though when I want her to.

3. Often times when Olivia gets her fingers messy with something yummy (such as ice cream) I lick her fingers off. She finds this amusing. Today, while I was pouring milk into her bottle, she stuck her finger into the bottle until she reached the milk. She then took her finger out and promptly stuck it in my mouth laughing the whole time. I guess it is a game to her; She then repeated this several times. Good thing I don't mind sharing. :)
Birthday Present from Maritza

Fun and Pinetop

Favorite Christmas Gift



No comments: