Friday, January 3, 2014

Hugs, Kisses, and Smiles

Since Olivia is already to bed, today calls for an early bed time for me.  This will be short.

For todays little gems of life:

1.  Mentioning a busy day, it is always nice to have something to look forward to when I get home.  One of my favorite parts of the day is when I walk in the door and have a smiley baby walk up to me with smiles and arms outreached.  Upon picking her up I am greeted with the biggest hug a little one can give, kisses, and more smiles.  On most days she will then promptly begin to tell me about her day in her own special language.  :)

2.  Olivia has recently discovered the art of teasing.  Often times she will start to hand you an object you have asked for, and just when you are about to grab it (or in a lot cases you already have it in your hand) she will quickly take it back towards her with the biggest grin on her face and a little giggle.  

And last but not least... 

3.  I love seeing my baby learn and master new things.  For instance: Today while at the computer Olivia was finding things around me to play with. Two of which items were a thing of tape and a little bottle of lotion.  In my eyes she is so clever. She kept sticking the lid end of the lotion into the little hole on the thing of tape.  Over the last few weeks she has started to discover more and more how one object can go inside of another object.  It is so funny sometimes to see what she comes up with for that. 

Life is good :)

As an end note: I realize not everyone will find these little things amusing, so I won't feel bad if you don't want to read it all. I am just horrible at writing in my journal, so I am hoping I can be a little more consistent with this to record precious moments like these. 

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It's those little moments that are my favorite parts of being a mommy!